Monday 21 September 2015

The Air He Breathes (Romance Elements, #1) by Brittainy C. Cherry

The Air He Breathes (Romance Elements, #1)The Air He Breathes by Brittainy C. Cherry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

  *** ARC provided by the Author for an honest review ***


"The heartbreak is worth those few moments of happiness, and the pieces of the shattered heart can be put back together. I mean, there will be cracks and scars, and sometimes this burning memory of the past, but that burn? It's just a reminder that you survived. That burning is your rebirth."


Recently, I was never was so excited about a book as I was with this one coming out and holy hell, Brittainy C. Cherry has done it again! From the enticing looking cover to the last pages of the book, I was just immensely captivated and it didn't stop. I was just left breathless from the sensations I went through, - the feelings of intensity, yearning, past hurts, the angst, finding happiness, joy, chemistry, the healing and falling in love! - My heart was wreaking havoc but it was perfectly balanced making it such a beautiful story where it's more than just a romance novel, it goes deeper than what it seems and that's the beauty of Brittainy's writing.

"It's okay to be hurt sometimes. It's okay to feel lost like you're wandering around in the dark. It's the bad days that make the good ones so much better"


Tristan Cole and Elizabeth Blaire are two people who will forever be embedded in my soul. Tristan is a Man I will never forget, he was blemished in darkness that started the moment he lost the two people completing his life and didn't fought for light until he came clashing with Elizabeth who herself was living in the same gloom. Tristan was a beautiful, broken man who made me want to wrap my arms around him and let him know he was good enough and positively, he made my ovaries get excited! There were times in the book where I felt he could've acted better towards certain situations but by coming back and fixing them made me overlook that anyway. Elizabeth, bless her heart, was definitely a woman who inspired me. Her strong-willed personality was just bewitching!!

"But as air moves in and out of my lungs,"-his tongue danced against the edge of my panties-"as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us".


"He and I together was a terrible idea. We were both unstable, we were both shattered, and there was no getting around it. He was thunder, I was lightening, and we were seconds away from creating the perfect storm."


There was one part of the book where I was earnestly shattered; having to fake who they were to each other and take advantage of that? it CRUSHED me, I haven't cried so much during a book in a while when I did in this one, goddamn! & that's when their despair, brokenness, hurt, darkness and anger with life hit me, it was gut-wrenching but I realized they won't be able to salvage themselves until they found the light in one another using their negatives and turning it light!

"No soulmate leaves the world alone, they always take a piece of their other half with them."


"Her touch healed me, her love saved me".


As, Elizabeth says in the Blurb.. 'We were both empty. We were both looking for something else. Something more. We both wanted to put together the shattered pieces of our yesterdays., it was what they were but using their hurts, they made two ugly, negative pasts into a beautiful bond by becoming each other's air to breathe'. Their lives together and individually left me with my heart ripping open and making me bleed, baring my all but becoming repaired again when time came and its true, time heals all, that's exactly what I felt and went through with them. Their vulnerability, comforting each other from pain, accepting their pasts, and fiercely loving each other was imperfectly beautiful!

"..the air he exhaled became the inhales that healed me"


"She breathed life into my lungs, making the dark shadows flood with light."


Overall, they were simply two emotionally broken, scarred people finding the antidote in each other. Moreover, having Emma, Faye, Mr. Henson and Sam, bought more life and character into the story and damn, that was just cherry on top! The feels I went through, good, bad and ugly, you do not want to miss out, so get pre-ordering now on OFFER too -> http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_...

"The magic is in the tiny moments. The small touches, the gentle smiles, the quiet laughs. The magic is about living for today and allowing yourself to breathe and be happy. My dear boy, to love is magic" - Mr Henson.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment