Monday 2 November 2015

Review: Give Me Yesterday by K. Webster and Elle Christensen

Give Me YesterdayGive Me Yesterday by K. Webster
My rating: 5 of 5 stars






Starting this book, both of these authors K Webster and Elle Christensen were completely new to me and I weren't at all familiar with their art. It was the cover that made me turn the page and boy, am I glad I did. I remember how the prologue made me cry, it was UGLY crying too. What authors have the power to make you cry from the FIRST words?! Not many, I'll tell you that. Gosh, my heart broke and I knew reading this book will be testing my emotions and damn was I right, so I was met with my gut wrenching, heart beating with brokenness and anticipation, sadness, understanding, lust, anger, tension, more heartbreak, joy, forgiveness, fervor, angst and a love and happiness all deserved.


Chase Monroe what a man! Having this book in duo POV really made it better. I got to feel his never-ending guilt and darkness which was really a mystery to me that eventually came to light towards the end and GOD! The revelations that took place, I just wanted to reach into the book and comfort him with all that he needed because my heart broke for him, though the circumstances tried to make him look guilty. It was overwhelmingly saddening to be honest. The one of many things I loved about him though, was his outgoing, consoling personality, how through his own demons tried to fight for Tori's sanity, yes, her sanity because what she went through, no woman should go through. Not only that but the way his character was developed, it was freaking alluring! I HATED for him how his past life was.. What woman in her right mind would leave Chase? His ex, that's who. Eurgh. Really got me annoyed that did. *sigh* but he was a fucking turn-on too with his dirty mouth, trying to right past mistakes and being Tori's shoulder to lean on. He can be my professor anytime, that's all I'm saying.


        

Victoria Larkin aka sassy ice-cold lawyer who needed thawing and who better than Chase himself? I loved him with all my being when he came into the story. Ahhh. My gut-wrenched, literally, my stomach hurt with how Tori's story was introduced, her pain and cold, standoff-ish personality I don't blame her for, how else was someone going to cope, if not turn off emotions? Yes there were ways to become better but no-one really tried to break her and repair her like Chase done and boy was I glad she let him be there. I feel like if I say too much about her, it'll ruin the book but it was awe-inspiring, truly, how she fought her emotions, forgave the person she needed and came out stronger than ever.


This book will forever be cherished and I thank Webster and Christensen for giving me such a raw, heartfelt book that you can’t help but feel every word spoken nor forget those who had to be sacrificed for the story to be created. Bless Ben and Sarah’s souls. I just never expected to feel the emotions that I felt. The secondary characters too made it that more alive. I definitely recommend this emotionally crippling book! You WILL get your yesterday back.




View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment